Your Price: $32.98
You Save: $20.01 (38%)
The Early Church
5 lessons on: Becoming a Light in the Darkness
by Ray Vander Laan
Strengthen Your Walk And Impact Your World With Biblical Insights
Filmed on location in Israel and Turkey, Faith Lessons is an in-depth DVD tour of the buried, distant, or otherwise forgotten places where the stories of the Bible actually happened. From this cultural perspective, teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan challenges long-held Western assumptions about even the most well-known Scripture passages. The result? You will simply never read the Bible the same again. 5 sessions; 130 minutes total. .
- Caesarea Philiipi: Everything to Lose, Nothing to Gain - In the midst of pagan self indulgence, Jesus challenged his disciples to deny themselves and follow him. Christians today must also have the courage to boldly live out Christ's message in a pagan society.
- Sardis: The Salt of the Earth - The apostle John used the example of Sardis, a city that overlooked its weak points and thereby enabled invading armies to conquer it, to warn Christians to be alert to their weakness so that they would not compromise their faith.
- Pergamum: Where Satan Lives - At this regional seat of Rome, the governor had "the power of the sword" to determine life and death. John reminded Christians in this powerful, pagan city that Jesus alone - not the Roman governor - holds all power, including the power of life and death.
- Ephesus: The Mark of the Beast - In this wealthy, beautiful center of idolatry, Paul unashamedly proclaimed the truth of the Gospel. Life Paul and the other Christians in Ephesus, we are to love one another and courageously live out the truth of Christ in a culture that is openly hostile toward him.
- Laodicea: Hot or Cold - Laodiceans had a unique understanding of why lukewarm water was worthless. Today, we are to be like a hot bath or a cold drink to a world in need of cleansing and refreshment.
ISBN: 9780310879626 Discovery Book, 196 Pages