Your Price: $25.98
You Save: $14.02 (35%)
In The Dust Of The Rabbi
5 Lessons on: Learning To Live As Jesus Lived.
Strengthen Your Walk And Impact Your World With Biblical Insights
In The Dust of the Rabbi: Becoming a Disciple transports you to locations in Israel and Turkey to learn how the early church lived as disciples of Jesus. Come and follow teacher and historian Ray Vander Laan into the life of a talmid (disciple). Learn about how following a rabbi wasn't simply a hobby, it was a passion that was the driving force behind every action, every thought. And ask yourself, how passionate are you to follow Jesus?
- Volume 6 In the dust of the Rabbi: Becoming a Disciple
- Session 1 Galilee: When the Rabbi says, Come
- Session 2 Galilee: When the Rabbi says, Go
- Session 3 Priene: The Presence of God: A Counter Cultural Community
- Session 4 Priene: Living Stones
- Session 5 Didyma: The Very Words of God
- When the Rabbi Says, "Come": There was an old Jewish saying that said to follow a rabbi was to "be covered with the dust of his feet." When Jesus says, "Come" how close to him do you get? Travel into Galilee and see how the text, the community and becoming like the rabbi drive the early disciples.
- When the Rabbi Says, "Go": In Jesus' time, disciples were raised in a Jewish community that knew and lived the Torah. However, at some point, they would be sent out into a hellenistic world. These early disciples spend the rest of their lives trying to live like Jesus.
- The Presence of God: A Counter-Cultural Community: Set in the beautiful, greek city of Priene, Ray Vander Laan walks us back into a time where town councils, city markets and even the warmth of the fire were provided by the gods of the day. How does a follower of Jesus live among believers of Athena, Apollo and Asclepius? Learn what it means to truly be part of a community of believers.
- Living Stones: We once again visit Priene. This time to see the ruins of the magnificent temple of Athena. But as majestic and awe-inspiring as that temple must have been, it no longer stands. Ray Vander Laan challenges believers to consider what it means to be the temple of God. What do we look like to the rest of the world?
- The Very Words of God: Didyma was one of three oracles in ancient times - places where people would travel hundreds of miles just to hear the predictions of the gods. Explore the ancient mystery of the oracle process and consider how far you would go to hear a word from God.
Contains a 40 Page Leaders Guide..Discovery guides are available.